AMB Solutions for the Water and Wastewater Industry
Turbo blowers can make a significant improvement in your Wastewater plant.
Wastewater Plants Use a Lot of Energy!
Turbo Blowers save a lot of energy over conventional blowers due to several factors. The most efficient turbo blowers use permanent magnet rotor designs. These are powered by a Variable Frequency Drive that saves more money and provide a wide operating range of speeds for process optimization. Together, they are saving the operator 35 to 40 % over conventional blowers. Larger turbo blowers operate best on magnetic bearings due to the higher weights of the rotors and the higher transient load potential given the amount of air in the system.
Turbo blowers take up less space than conventional blowers and require less maintenance. In addition, they operate oil-free allowing the process to operate free of exposure to that kind of contamination.
Magnetic bearings are less susceptible to dirt and contamination than either fluid film or air foil bearings, making them a perfect solution for this industry. In addition, magnetic bearings provide feedback for your process by monitoring bearing performance and transmitted forces.
For all these reasons, turbo blowers on magnetic bearings should be in your wastewater plant.
- A UN study shows energy consumption was approximately 1200kWh/mg for a typical 10 mgd plant.
- Aeration consumes approximately 47% of that energy!
- Turbo blowers save 35-40% over conventional blowers
- Turbo blowers require less space, less maintenance, and operate quieter than conventional blowers
- Larger turbo blowers operate better on magnetic bearings
- Magnetic bearings are less susceptible to dirt and contamination
- Magnetic bearings provide feedback for your process by monitoring bearing performance and transmitted forces
- Turbo blowers with magnetic bearings are an excellent choice for your Wastewater Plant
Find more reasons why magnetic bearings are right for your application.